Home Practice Series for Scoliosis
Develop a specialized daily yoga practice for your unique Scoliotic Pattern with the support of trained Backcare Specialists.Watch Promo
Is your back pain keeping you from doing the things you love?
Are you completely exhausted and irritable from living with chronic pain?
Do you find yourself losing hope and relying more on “quick fixes” and medications?
Are you drawn to Yoga but not sure which poses are safe for your back?
TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR OWN HEALING!
Learn to listen to what your body is asking for so that your practice can reflect exactly what you need in each moment. You’ll learn how to address discomfort as it arises, and become mindful of the postural habits that keep you locked in the pain cycle.
Your practice will look different on the days you’re feeling strong and energized versus when you are in pain, and it SHOULD!
In this series you will discover:
- Exactly how to SAFELY respond to pain as it arises, instead of shutting down or pushing through it.
- How to make dramatic improvement in your back health through the tools of yoga!
- Transformative breathing and meditation practices that are scoliosis specific.
- How energy imbalances associated with chronic pain and/or spinal asymmetry may be affecting your life!
- The conscious (and unconscious) blockages that hold us back from being able to release pain and move past it, for good.
- How to create (and honor) a dedicated practice space that will become your very own at-home sanctuary.
- Powerful self care tips and boundary-setting techniques that will deepen your commitment to your healing.
- Techniques and principles you can integrate into your own yoga teaching or physical therapy practice.
Whether you're brand new to Yoga and Meditation, or you’re looking to clarify/modify your practice (or even if you’re a yoga or movement teacher wanting to deepen your skill base!), The Home Practice Series is the perfect way to address your structural spinal issues safely, with clarity and compassion.
Pushing through pain is not working.
Isn’t it time to try something proven?
"I am over the moon excited about the transformation happening in my body! I was curious as to what 1 year on this online program would reveal. Words cannot even describe how happy and shocked I am. In just 1 year x-rays showed I had visible, positive changes in my curves. If you are diligent this yoga helps! Thank you Rachel Jesien and crew!!
British Columbia, Canada
"The Home Practice Series was way above my expectations. Thanks for adding all the awesome extra life lessons, the special Rachel flavor, weekly focus reminders, and cute loving nags. Each little life tip was VERY helpful and perfect! This is one of my top life changing experiences. I am recommending everyone I know to your program!" - Marie Karla, New York, NY
"I cannot tell you how life changing that was. I feel so empowered to create my own future and good health. So glad to be a part of your online class. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU"
-Jennifer Fehnel, State College, PA
-Lauren Maxwell, Ashville, NC
How It Works:
- A New Lecture and Practice Sequence will be released each week for five weeks
- In our incredible Private Facebook Community, you can share your story, and post any celebrations and challenges as they arise. You can post any questions for Rachel and her expert Backcare & Scoliosis specialists, and they will provide answers throughout the entirety of your membership!
- Our Backcare & Scoliosis Teachers will answer specific questions for the group throughout the month, and give additional poses and sequencing to expand your Yoga practice repertoire. Recordings of these FB lives will be accessible via the private group if you are unable to attend live.
- Access the Lecture and FB Live recordings at any time throughout your yearly membership.
You can absolutely take this course at your own pace. Many students remain on Module 1 while addressing their back discomfort, and then move on to the next Module as they feel ready.
What You'll Need...
- Two matching Yoga Blocks 4" x 6". These can be foam or cork blocks. If you have any bone sensitivity issues (osteoporosis, osteopenia etc..), you'll be more comfortable with the lighter foam blocks.
- A Quick-Release Yoga Strap: Get whichever color you like, but it needs to be THIS belt. It is safe for weight-bearing.
- A Journal
- A yoga mat
- A sturdy chair
- Blankets/towels you can fold to adjust your poses as needed.
"I've had severe scoliosis for as long as I can remember (77 degree curve, at my worst). After the birth of my second son, I began having extremely painful, unpredictable back spasms. When I reached out to Rachel, she was kind and giving of her time and I immediately enrolled in her Home Practice Series. The Home Practice Series is thoughtfully planned, and is an extremely good value for what she provides.
I felt inspired and encouraged and went on to become a certified Yoga for Scoliosis Teacher. I went "all in", studying intensively and being very dedicated to my own daily home practice. Within a month, I had returned to pain free living. And within just a few months, I had reduced my curve by 14 degrees. This has truly been a life changing experience for me. I no longer live in fear of back spasms (in fact, I haven't had a single spasm in 10 months). I highly encourage anyone with scoliosis, or back pain in general, to wholeheartedly try Rachel's program."
-Mandy Glitzer, CYAT
State College, PA
A Note from Rachel:
I've put my heart and soul into creating this series for my students who are ready to reach new depths in their practice. My biggest transformation happened when I took the work I was doing in class, home with me. I started to understand the root causes of my chronic pain and began to develop a felt sense of my asymmetry, which changed everything. I can help you learn how to listen to what your body/mind is asking you for. With a heightened awareness, you can create and maintain balance in your life, both internally and externally.
Please note: This group program is best suited for able-bodied students who feel confident learning in an online group setting. If you have a spinal fusion, osteoporosis or are not sure about which option is right for you, please let us know and we can direct you to the correct series. If you are a senior, brand new to yoga and considering joining the series, please reach out to [email protected] first, so we can see if this is indeed the best place for you to start!
Rachel Jesien is a Seeress, Celtic Shamanic Priestess and Yogini dedicated to the healing of the Earth and all of Her inhabitants. Her spiritual transformation began with a 45 degree scoliotic curvature of her spine, which left her with a broken dance career and paralyzed with pain. Her suffering became a catalyst for transformation as she began studying the physical body in depth, and became an expert in the world of Yoga for Backcare & Scoliosis. As her physical body became more aligned, her psychic abilities opened up exponentially; a gift that had been long suppressed since childhood. She now guides a global community in aligning body, mind and soul through spiritual mentoring and leading Goddess Centered healing ceremonies in the Avalonian tradition. To read more about Rachel's Journey to a Pain free life, Click Here